Create a New Page with a Custom URL
You might want to have some content accessible through a specific URL. So when you share your link, the URL is already explicit and indicates what the page is about.
We strongly recommend you to have a custom domain name if you need to create a custom URL.
1. From your ClientClick dashboard click on 'Edit My Website'
2. Click on 'Edit' in the Page menu on the left hand side
3. Click 'Add Chapter' to add a new tab on your menu bar or just click 'Add Page' within one of the already existing Chapters
If you just need to edit an existing Chapter/Page's name, you can just click on its name. That will also change its URL.
4. Click on the word 'New Chapter' or 'New page' to name it and set its URL
The name you are setting for the Chapter/Page you have created will also set the URL.
- For example, as per the screenshot below, if your domain name is www.rachelgordon.ca and you create a page named Promo 2019 inside the Special chapter your URL will be: https://www.rachelgordon.com/special/promo-2019
(spaces are replaced by hyphens in the URL)
- If you have only one page in your chapter your URL will just contain the Chapter's name.
For example, as per the screenshot below, if your domain name is www.rachelgordon.ca and you create a Chapter named Our Team with only one page inside it (Rachel and Tony), the URL will be: https://www.rachelgordon.com/Our-Team
5. Click 'Done' at the top of the Page menu
6. Click on the Page you have created, make sure to rename the 'Page Title' where it says 'New Page' and uncheck the box 'Include in Menu'
Disabling Include in Menu allows you to have a page on your website only accessible through a link or via a specific URL.
7. Click on 'Add Paragraph' from the 'Builder Actions'
8. Choose the type of Paragraph you want and start adding content. Click 'Done' when you are finished.
9. Make sure to 'Save' your changes in the 'Builder Actions' palette and go to step '4: Publish'
Feel free to Preview your changes before saving and publishing